You’re on a call with a client who wants to build “the most comprehensive mail-client ever” for his application.
You can see that he is excited by the idea, determined to invest in it and have it ready by the end of the year. At the
same time, you see that the development team doesn’t seem too convinced it’s the right move, but they don’t say a word.
The call ends as the client needs to run to another meeting.
Sounds like a challenge you could handle?
If so, keep reading and hold on to this story - it will come in handy.
Hi! We’re u2i - a tech company comprising of 55 problem-solvers with diverse skill sets in back end, front end, full-stack, mobile, UX design and DevOps.
And we’re on the lookout for a Scrum Master to support and nurture our teams on a mission to create great products
hand in hand with our US-based clients.
Most importantly, we hope to find a true colleague and a friend who’ll enjoy facing everyday challenges and growing
As Scrum Master @u2i you will:
- be an active member of 1-2 development teams (2-6 people each) and u2i, working within a small team of
Scrum Masters led by Karolina to build a common understanding of
- guide the team to self-organisation and put the right process in place - most of our teams work in Scrum,
but you’ll see other Agile frameworks across the company. We believe in the adaptive shaping of our processes as we grow,
so you’ll be responsible for applying the methodology and practices which will fit best.
- foster a trusting environment - to cultivate safe space for learning, where we experiment and explore new
solutions and ideas
- observe, detect problems and guide the team through any rough patches
- assess the needs of the team, remove or prevent impediments, and provide additional support with the daily life of the team
- support and educate the team and the Client to build a better understanding of Agile standards and best practices
- facilitate the team’s ceremonies such as daily scrums, retrospectives, sprint reviews and planning,
organize workshops and other team activities
- search for and implement techniques for effective backlog refining and managing
- encourage and facilitate giving feedback for continuous learning and improvement
- participate in product development planning and contribute your ideas on delivering value to the end user.
The mission of our Scrum Masters team is to embody servant leadership in support of u2i’s cross-functional teams.
We appreciate and cherish the unique set of independent minds which u2i has gathered under one roof, and making every
effort to bring our development teams and overseas clients together as one high performing entity.
We might be a great match for each other if you:
- are strongly focused on the needs of the team members and the Client, with the goal of achieving results in
line with the organization's values and business objectives
- have a deep understanding and previous experience with applying and optimizing different Agile methodologies
and Lean practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.)
- have provided guidance and understanding of Agile practices to others - you know perfectly how to argument the
importance of feedback loops, creating safe space to fail and maximizing the value
- are experienced in constructive and assertive communication while coaching or consulting with the Client
- have 2+ yrs of experience as a Scrum Master in the IT sector facilitating product and/or development teams
- have an excellent command of spoken and written English (C1+)
- work with a supportive mindset - you listen for what is emerging, you’re curious, you ask powerful questions
and articulate what you perceive
- keep a watchful eye on team dynamics and are well aware of the stages of team development and its
- are open to new ideas and eager to develop them together
- understand that it takes time and a few experiments to hit the right approach
- are creative and push yourself to think outside the box
- are a natural facilitator, you make sure the meetings
are fun, well-prepared, have a clear purpose and outcome, and you skillfully apply the right amount of facilitation to maximize results
- are not satisfied unless everyone knows why a certain commitment/decision has been made
- are organized and self-directed, healthy habits help you manage your own backlog and time to maximize what you
bring to the table
It would also be great if you:
- have some experience in working in a flat-structured company with no managers
- are interested in organization development
- have experience in working with distributed/remote teams
What you also might like to know is that:
We’re an employee empowered company. This means that you will have an actual impact on the company’s actions and
a share in its profits. Also, we have incorporated many elements of a flat structure so you won’t have to work
around any communication barriers. And finally, we believe that autonomy is the springboard for awesome ideas,
so we’ll give you the tools and independence to experiment and own your initiatives.
What are the perks and benefits @u2i?
- up to 10% of your week dedicated to self-development
- an opportunity to take part in training courses and Gallup Strengths coaching
- conference and education budget - you name the events!
- English classes with native speakers at the office
- yummy breakfasts, snacks and fully-covered lunches (which you can have delivered to the office or you can enjoy a
walk to one of the hip restaurants nearby)
- Multisport card for all and medical insurance when hired on regular job contract
- laptop of your choice
- flexible working hours /working from home if there's a need/even taking a workation
- the occasional business trips to the US (mainly NYC, Chicago)
- 26 days per year of paid holiday and additional sick leave or special leave days (including parental leave)
Learn more about us by reading a short piece by Corporate Rebels or
grab Weronika for a chat on LinkedIn.
What does the recruitment process look like?
- It will take us a few days to review your application and get back to you in an email.
- If there is potential for a match Weronika will invite you for a 20-30 min remote chat to get to know you a bit
better and follow up on your resume.
- Should all go well, we’ll invite you to a ~1,5h interview at our office. We’d love to hear much more about your
experience and tell you about u2i over freshly ground coffee.
- If the interview is successful, we will invite you to our office for the final step - a demo day during which you’ll
sit down to solve a case study, facilitate a planning session for one of our teams (we’ll let you know the details on spot),
and get to know them better at a casual lunch.
- Depending on your availability the process can take about 2-4 weeks.
If you feel the chemistry already just hit „apply” and let’s give it a go!
PLN 13,000 - 18,000 (B2B) / PLN 10,500 - 14,500 gross (UoP)
Kraków, ul. Przemysłowa 12A
Other people onboard