Hi! We’re u2i - a tech company comprising of 60 problem-solvers with diverse skill sets in back end, front end, full stack, mobile, UX design, and DevOps. And we’re on the lookout for a Frontend Developer to join our team in creating great products hand in hand with our US or Germany based Clients.
But most importantly, we hope to find a true colleague and friend who’ll enjoy facing everyday challenges, striving for technical excellence, and growing together, as well as a solid partner in helping our Clients think about technology and navigate the treacherous paths of building digital products.
Sounds interesting? If so, keep reading.
As a Frontend Developer @u2i you will:
- join a 2-6 people team working directly with one of our abroad Clients on a daily basis
- be a consultant who learns about the business side of the product or a technical problem, and with the bigger picture in mind distills the right set of requirements and thinks creatively about a solution
- not only develop great code, but also a close, lasting relationships with our Clients
- act as a true expert in frontend-related matters and foster good practices across the organization
- have a real influence on what we build and how we build it, and contribute to the growth of a high-performing quality-focused team, which relies on trust, shared responsibility, and self-organization
- make a tangible difference in people's lives by contributing to a project focusing on making pensions more accessible for employers, employees, and agents.
We might be a great match for each other if you are:
- interested in developing complete solutions in direct partnership with our Clients
- convinced that a great software engineer makes smart choices to achieve great results – you don’t limit yourself to the roles, frameworks, or languages you already know
- eager to learn new things that go beyond your technical skills, master the ones you already know and share this knowledge with others
- a true problem-solver - you’re on a constant search of “the why” of things and decisions, you’re proactive and disruptive of the status quo
- take interest in the well-being of others and the company as a whole
We might also be a great match for each other if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- a very good command of English (B2+) and feel comfortable using it on a daily basis
- acquired a thorough knowledge of at least one front-end programming language (preferably vue.js or react.js), and you’re eager to develop your skills in new technologies,
- the ability to design applications and reason about code design
- the consultative gene - you ask the right questions, know how to build trust and credibility, and enjoy sharing your knowledge and guiding others
- considerable experience in working within a team and are great to collaborate with
- an open and curious mind - you’re eager to experiment and see opportunities where others don’t
- the “how” attitude - you hold ‘clean code’ practices at heart and take responsibility for the quality of solutions delivered; you’re happy to go the extra mile when an opportunity to make things a bit better comes your way.
- an understanding of agile and Lean methodologies for a seamless and adaptive workflow
- had the opportunity to work directly with a client
It would also be great if you:
- were involved as an expert in knowledge-sharing initiatives (such as meetups, internal presentations, conferences, workshops), especially as a speaker
- already have some experience with agile methodologies
- have the knowledge and/or experience of creating systems' architecture
What you also might like to know is that:
We’re an employee empowered company. This means that you will have an actual impact on the company’s actions and a share in its profits. Also, we have incorporated many elements of a flat structure, so you won’t have to work around any communication barriers. And finally, we believe that autonomy is the springboard for awesome ideas, so we’ll give you the tools and independence to experiment and own your initiatives.
What are the perks and benefits @u2i?
- up to 10% of your week dedicated to self-development
- an opportunity to take part in training courses and Gallup Strengths coaching
- conference and education budget - you name the events!
- English classes with native speakers
For additional activities aimed at advancing your personal skills or the interests of the company, we offer a budget of 2k$ per year.
- fully-covered lunches (which you can have delivered to the office or you can enjoy a walk to one of the hip restaurants nearby)
- Multisport card and a healthcare package
- laptop of your choice, which you’ll become a proud owner of after 30 months with u2i
- flexible working hours / a month long workation is fine too :)
- hybrid work model (our office is open, but you can also work remotely given the current situation)
- 26 days per year of paid holiday and additional sick leave or special leave days (including parental leave) with B2B
Learn more about us by reading a short piece by Corporate Rebels or grab Weronika for a chat on LinkedIn.
Also, you can get a good grasp of how we navigate the waters of self-organization by tuning in to the “Z Warsztatu Leadera” podcast series - episodes 36 & 38 feature our fellow u2i-iers who share their perspective on the company’s unique experiences.
If you feel the chemistry already just hit „apply” and let’s give it a go!
What does the recruitment process look like?
- It will take us up to a few days to review your application and get back to you in an email.
- If there is potential for a match, we’ll invite you for a 30-40 min remote chat with Weronika and one of our developers, to get to know you a bit better.
- Should all go well, we’ll meet for the final step which is ~2h remote interview. It’ll be divided into two parts. First, we’d love to hear more about your experience, and tell you a bit more about u2i. After a short break, we’ll jump into the technical part where you’ll have the chance to truly show off your skills.
- Depending on your availability the process can take about 3-4 weeks. Regardless of our decision, we will make sure that you receive timely feedback during each stage of the process.
- If it turns out that we're a great match for each other then welcome to u2i! We'll be happy to start your onboarding shortly.
(Please note that as a rule, u2i does not engage in any legal processes involved in obtaining a Polish work permit.)
PLN 11,000 - 17,000 (B2B) / PLN 9,000 - 14,000 gross (UoP)
Kraków, ul. Przemysłowa 12A
Other people onboard