We’re u2i - a tech company comprising of 50 problem-solvers with diverse skill sets in back end, front end, full stack,
mobile, UX design and DevOps. And we’re on the lookout for a Developer to join our team in creating great products
hand in hand with our US-based Clients.
But most importantly, we hope to find a true colleague and friend who’ll enjoy facing everyday challenges, striving for
technical excellence and growing together, as well as a solid partner in helping the Clients think about technology and
navigate the paths of building products.
Sounds interesting? If so, keep reading.
Because what you might not have known is that we’re an employee empowered company. This means that you will have an
actual impact on the company’s actions and a share in its profits. Also, we have incorporated many elements of
a flat structure, so you won’t have to work around any communication barriers or have anyone standing above
you and telling you what to do. And finally, we believe that autonomy is the springboard for awesome ideas, so we’ll
give you the tools and independence to experiment and own your initiatives.
- works directly with the PO (in the US)
- takes on projects extending the system with new reporting options, metrics and data sources
- operates mostly in Ruby or RoR backend services that collect and process data and adds the new data to a React app
- uses Jenkins for CI
- heavily leverages AWS services (i.a. EC2, ECS, S3, RDS, EMR, Lambda, Cloudwatch, Athena, SQS, SNS)
We might be a great match for each other if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- good command of English (B2+)
- thorough knowledge of at least one programming language (and you’re happy to work in/learn Ruby)
- know your way around the concepts, tools and designs of web applications
- fluency in writing SQL queries
- the ability to design applications and reason about code design
- an understanding of agile and Lean methodologies for a seamless and adaptive workflow
- the consultative gene - you ask the right questions, know how to build trust and credibility, and enjoy sharing your knowledge
- experience in working in a team and great collaboration skills
- an open and curious mind - you’re eager to experiment and see opportunities where others don’t
It would also be great if you:
- have a general know-how of AWS
- are familiar with Ruby on Rails, React, Scala, TypeScript, Hadoop / EMR / Hive, Docker
- have had the opportunity to work directly with a client (especially US-based)
- have experience with APIs of major social media platforms
- know the domains of Big Data and TV measurement
What about perks and benefits? Let us break them down for you:
- up to 10% of your week dedicated to self-development
- an opportunity to take part in training courses and Gallup Strengths coaching
- conference and education budget - you name the event!
- English classes with native speakers at the office
- yummy breakfasts, snacks and fully-covered lunches (which you can have delivered to the office or you can enjoy a walk to one of the hip restaurants nearby)
- Multisport card and medical insurance when hired on regular job contract
- laptop of your choice
- flexible working hours / working from home if there's a need / a month long workation is fine too :)
- the occasional business trips to the US (mainly NYC, Chicago)
- 20-26 days per year of paid holiday and additional sick leave or special leave days (including parental leave) with B2B
Learn more about us by reading a short piece
by Corporate Rebels
grab Magda for a chat on LinkedIn.
If you feel the chemistry already just hit „apply” and let’s give it a go!
PLN 12,500 - 17,000 (B2B) / PLN 10,000 - 14,000 gross (UoP)
Kraków, ul. Przemysłowa 12A
Other people onboard