Hi! We’re u2i - a tech company comprising 60 problem-solvers with diverse skill sets in back end, front end, full stack, mobile, UX design, and DevOps. And we’re on the lookout for a QA Specialist to join our team in creating great products hand in hand with our US-based Clients.
But most importantly, we hope to find a true colleague and friend who’ll enjoy facing everyday challenges, striving for technical excellence, and growing together, as well as a solid partner in helping our Clients think about technology and navigate the treacherous paths of building digital products.
Sounds interesting? If so, keep reading.
As a Senior QA Specialist @u2i you will:
- manage weekly releases:
- coordinate the release process and communication with our self-organized teams and the client
- work with the teams to review and amend the processes and best practices
- run functional regression tests (including manual and automated tests)
- validate data (using our custom tool for data quality monitoring)
- identify, investigate and resolve issues in collaboration with other specialists
- review the release changelog maintained by the teams
- work on automating the release validation and deployment:
- take ownership and drive the evolution of the release process
- define priorities - identify core areas of the system and design tests
- propose and negotiate the implementation of new functional regression tests with the client and the teams
- in the long term, get us from a semi-automated process of release testing to a fully automated quality control ensuring healthy data
- own and drive the development of the functional test suite and tooling
- understand current processes and procedures and optimize them in a best possible way
- help define validation for new data added to the platform
- provide a vision and support it with good practices on how to improve the quality of our product
We might be a great match for each other if you have:
- 5+ years of hands-on QA experience
- very good command of English (C1+) and feel comfortable using it on a daily basis
- working experience with automated tests
- an ability to drive processes independently; taking ownership comes naturally to you
- the proactive attitude - you’re happy to go the extra mile when an opportunity to make things a bit better comes your way. You’re disruptive of the status quo and are known for your “can do/let’s do” attitude
- passion for problem-solving - you’re on a constant search of “the why” of things and decisions, and you’re always eager to improve things and advocate for quality
- the vision, the ideas, and the drive to carry them through
- proved yourself to be an effective and articulate communicator, able to get your point across
- the consultative gene - you ask the right questions, know how to build trust and credibility, and enjoy sharing your knowledge and guiding others
- considerable experience in working within a team and are great to collaborate with
- an open and curious mind - you’re willing to experiment and see opportunities where others don’t
- a desire to learn new things that go beyond your technical skills, master the ones you already know, and share this knowledge with others
- some experience with Agile methodologies in the end to end test cycle
- an experience with creating data validation tools
It would also be great if you:
- have had the opportunity to work directly with a client
- are familiar with SQL and relational database concepts
- have previous working experience with a big amount of data
- were involved as an expert in knowledge-sharing initiatives (such as meetups, internal presentations, conferences, workshops), especially as a speaker
What you also might like to know is that:
We’re an employee empowered company. This means that you will have an actual impact on the company’s actions and a share in its profits. Also, we have incorporated many elements of a flat structure, so you won’t have to work around any communication barriers. And finally, we believe that autonomy is the springboard for awesome ideas, so we’ll give you the tools and independence to experiment and own your initiatives.
What are the perks and benefits @u2i?
- up to 10% of your week dedicated to self-development
- an opportunity to take part in training courses and Gallup Strengths coaching
- conference and education budget - you name the events!
- English classes with native speakers
For additional activities aimed at advancing your personal skills or the interests of the company, we offer a budget of 2k$ per year.
- fully-covered lunches (which you can have delivered to the office or you can enjoy a walk to one of the hip restaurants nearby)
- Multisport card and a healthcare package
- laptop of your choice, which you’ll become a proud owner of after 30 months with u2i
- flexible working hours / a month-long workation is fine too :)
- hybrid work model (our office is open, but you can also work remotely given the current situation)
- 26 days per year of paid holiday and additional sick leave or special leave days (including parental leave) with B2B
Learn more about us by reading a short piece by Corporate Rebels or grab Weronika for a chat on LinkedIn. Also, you can get a good grasp of how we navigate the waters of self-organization by tuning in to the “Z Warsztatu Leadera” podcast series - episodes 36 & 38 feature our fellow u2i-iers who share their perspective on the company’s unique experiences.
If you feel the chemistry already just hit „apply” and let’s give it a go!
What does the recruitment process look like?
- It will take us up to a few days to review your application and get back to you in an email.
- If there is potential for a match, we’ll invite you for a 30-40 min remote chat with Weronika to get to know you a bit better.
- Should all go well, we’ll meet for the final step which is ~2h remote interview. It’ll be divided into two parts. First, we’d love to hear more about your experience, and tell you a bit more about u2i. After a short break, we’ll jump into the technical part where you’ll have the chance to truly show off your problem-solving skills.
- Depending on your availability the process can take about 2-4 weeks. Regardless of our decision, we will make sure that you receive timely feedback during each stage of the process.
- If it turns out that we're a great match for each other then welcome to u2i! We'll be happy to start your onboarding shortly.
(Please note that as a rule, u2i does not engage in any legal processes involved in obtaining a Polish work permit.)
PLN 13,000 - 19,000 (B2B) / PLN 11,000 - 16,000 gross (UoP)
Kraków, ul. Przemysłowa 12A
Other people onboard