Hi! We're u2i - a tech company comprising of 60 problem-solvers with diverse skill sets in the back end, front end, full-stack, mobile, UX design, and DevOps. And we're on the lookout for a Scrum Master to support and nurture our teams on a mission to create great products hand in hand with our abroad-based clients. Most importantly, we hope to find a true colleague and a friend who'll enjoy facing everyday challenges and growing together.
As Scrum Master @u2i you will:
- Be an active member of our development teams (usually consisting of 2-6 people each) operating in the “Hives model” that bridges the business and the people with the flow from autonomy - we will gladly tell you more about it later on.
- Guide the team to self-management and put the right process in place - most of our teams work in Scrum, but you'll see other Agile frameworks across the company. We believe in the adaptive shaping of our processes as we grow, so you'll be responsible for applying the methodology and practices which will fit best.
- Observe, detect problems and guide the team through any rough patches.
- Assess the needs of the team, remove or prevent impediments, and provide additional support with the daily life of the team.
- Support and educate the team and the Client to build a better understanding of Agile standards and best practices.
- Search for and implement techniques for effective backlog refining and managing.
- Facilitate the team's ceremonies such as daily scrums, retrospectives, sprint reviews, and planning, organize workshops and other team activities.
- Foster a trusting environment - to cultivate a safe space for learning, where we experiment and explore new solutions and ideas.
- Help find and understand the 'why' behind every piece of product that we build.
- Working within a team of Scrum Masters led by Karolina to ensure a common understanding of high-performing teams and scale the "Hives model".
- Foster the right feedback culture across the whole organization.
The mission of our Scrum Masters team is to embody servant leadership in support of u2i's cross-functional teams. We appreciate and cherish the unique set of independent minds which u2i has gathered under one roof, and making every effort to bring our development teams and overseas clients together as one high-performing entity.
We might be a great match for each other if you:
- Are strongly focused on the needs of the team members and the Client, with the goal of achieving results in line with the organization's values and business objectives.
- Have previous experience with applying and optimizing different Agile methodologies and Lean practices (Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.).
- Have provided guidance and understanding of Agile practices to others - you know perfectly how to explain the importance of feedback loops, self-assignment, team estimation processes, and retrospectives.
- Are experienced in constructive and assertive communication while coaching or consulting with the team and the Client.
- Have 1+ yrs of experience as a Scrum Master.
- Have an excellent command of spoken and written English (C1+).
- Work with a supportive mindset - you listen for what is emerging, you're curious, you ask powerful questions, and articulate what you perceive.
- Keep a watchful eye on team dynamics and are well aware of the stages of team development and its dysfunctions.
- Are eager to cooperate closely with other Scrum Masters towards the goals of this team.
- Understand that it takes time and a few experiments to hit the right approach.
- Are creative and push yourself to think outside the box.
- Are a natural facilitator, you make sure the meetings are fun, well-prepared, have a clear purpose and outcome, and you skillfully apply the right amount of facilitation to maximize results. At the same time, you know and use various facilitation tips & tricks.
- Are not satisfied unless everyone knows why a certain commitment/decision has been made.
- Are organized and self-directed, healthy habits help you manage your own backlog and time to maximize what you bring to the table.
- You understand and can react to the challenges of distributed/remote teams.
It would also be great if you:
- Have some experience in a flat-structured company, and understand the power of responsibility.
- Are interested in organizational development.
What you also might like to know is that:
We're an employee-empowered company. This means that you will have an actual impact on the company's actions and a share in its profits. Also, we have incorporated many elements of a flat structure so you won't have to work around any communication barriers. And finally, we believe that autonomy is the springboard for awesome ideas, so we'll give you the tools and independence to experiment and own your initiatives.
What are the perks and benefits @u2i?
- Up to 10% of your week is dedicated to self-development.
- An opportunity to take part in training courses and Gallup Strengths coaching.
- Conference and education budget - you name the events!
- 1:1 English classes with native speakers.
- The opportunity to exchange knowledge and experiences with other Scrum Masters.
For additional activities aimed at advancing your personal skills or the interests of the company, we offer a budget of 2k$ per year.
- Yummy snacks and fully-covered lunches (which you can have delivered to the office or you can enjoy a walk to one of the hip restaurants nearby).
- Multisport card and a healthcare package (also for your family).
- Laptop of your choice.
- Hybrid work model.
- Flexible working hours /a month-long workation is fine, too :)
- 26 days per year of paid holiday and additional sick leave or special leave days with B2B.
Learn more about us by reading a short piece by Corporate Rebels or grab Weronika for a chat on LinkedIn.
Also, you can get a good grasp of how we navigate the waters of self-organization by tuning in to the “Z Warsztatu Leadera” podcast series - episodes 36 & 38 feature our fellow u2i-iers who share their perspective on the company's unique experiences.
If you feel the chemistry already just hit „apply” and let's give it a go!
What does the recruitment process look like?
- It will take us a few days to review your application and get back to you in an email.
- If there is potential for a match, Weronika, our "Recruitment Devil", will invite you for a 30-40 min remote chat to get to know you a bit better and follow up on your resume.
- Should all go well, we'll invite you to a ~1,5-2h interview (remotely or at our office - that's up to you). We'd love to hear much more about your experience and tell you more about u2i.
- If the interview is successful, we will invite you for the final step - a demo day during which you'll sit down to solve a case study and facilitate a workshop meeting for one of our teams (we'll let you know the details prior to the meeting).
- The process usually takes about 3-4 weeks. Regardless of our decision, we will make sure that you receive timely feedback during each stage of the process.
- If it turns out that we're a great match for each other then welcome to u2i! We'll be happy to start your onboarding shortly.
(Please note that as a rule, u2i does not engage in any legal processes involved in obtaining a Polish work permit.)
PLN 13,000 - 18,000 (B2B) / PLN 10,500 - 14,500 gross (UoP)
Kraków, ul. Przemysłowa 12A
Other people onboard